–May 5, 2010
Are you ready for the Charlottesville Derby Dames to take on The Rocktown Rollers?
Virginia is for Shovers!
June 5, 2010
Doors open at 6pm, Bout starts at 7pm
Augusta Expoland in Fishersville, VA
$5 in advance, $8 at the door
Kids 5 and under FREE!
–April 16, 2010
Blue Moon Diner
Sunday, May 16th 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Haircuts for just $10 each from local Charlottesville stylists!
PLUS, enjoy brunch or lunch at the Blue Moon Diner — 10% of the proceeds from Blue Moon Diner sales will go to Charlottesville Derby Dames.
–April 1, 2010
Come on up to Hagerstown, MD, and support your dames as we rock the flat track against the Mason Dixon Roller Vixens! Proceeds benefit cute little pets who need homes… How can you resist?
(Click the image to view the Facebook Event page.)
–March 18, 2010
See your favorite Charlottesville Derby Dames compete in this 2nd annual scrimmage-fest hosted by the Star City Roller Girls!
Date: April 18th, 2010
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm; bout starts at 7pm
Location: Skate Center of Roanoke Valley (Lee-Hi Skate Center)
Cost is $3 or a pet item. Pet items will be donated to a local animal shelter.
–March 3, 2010
Come support the Charlottesville Derby Dames as they take on the Blackwater Rollers!
Date: April 3rd, 2010
Time: Doors open at 6:30pm, Bout starts at 7pm
Location: AJ Skateworld in Appomattox, VA (460 Old Courthouse Rd.)
Click the image to RSVP on Facebook!
–March 1, 2010
A million thanks to all who helped with SnowBRAWL!
We collected a TON of food for area food banks thanks to the amazing efforts of everyone involved.
If you came out to Expoland, we hope you had a blast! And if you didn’t… we hope to see you next time for more derby action! In the meantime, check out the write-up in the Newsleader!
The Charlottesville Derby Dames
–November 3, 2009
There are so many people that the Dames want to thank for their help making Daylight Slayings a huge success. If we miss you, it’s not because we don’t appreciate you, because we are truly thankful for everyone who helped us get to this point!
- Northside Stranglers- Coach Groper Cleavage, and to the skaters, thank you so much for coming out and skating on our slippery floor! You are awesome and we love you all!
- Our fresh meat that helped with everything, many coming in at noon and not leaving til it was all over! You all are awesome and we can’t wait until you’re on the rink with us!
- The Referees and NSOs. We couldn’t have a bout without you and we’re so thankful for you all, many of whom traveled pretty far to come help us out.
- Troch, coach of Rocktown Rollers, for loaning us their track and for all the moral support he’s offered!
- Demolition Durga for making the drive from Richmond to co-announce.
- Andy Waldeck for doing the lighting
- Lea Calvani’s mom for manning the ticket booth!
- Jasper, Isaac and Mad Mountin’ Mama’s sister, Jennifer Molinary, for helping with moving things whenever asked all day and all night!
- Ben Around Tattoo-X-Lounge
- Black Cat Skate Shop
- Blue Moon Diner
- Jason Lappa Photography
- Para Coffee
- Sticks Kabob Shop
- Mona Lisa Pasta
- Derriere de Soie
- Cardinal Point
- Revolutionary Soup
- Beer Run
- Ayako Breitenbach
- Christina Molinary In Memory of David Anderson
- The wonderful staff at Augusta ExpoLand for letting us rent their space and being so accommodating.
- The Dames! We all worked so hard organizing this and it was amazing to look out and see such a huge crowd and fans who’d never experienced derby before cheering for us. It’s been a long time coming, but it was worth it! Good job, team!
- Our friends and families who have not only helped us, but put up with listening to us talk about derby all the time and understand when we have practices and meetings all the time! Thank you for your support!
Thanks also to our local media outlets for covering our event, including some great videos. You gotta love technology baby!